Ghirelli is excited to introduceThe Dante Rosary: our latest collaboration with world-renowned sculptor Timothy Schmalz.
To mark the 700th anniversary of the death of Italian poet Dante Alighieri in 2021, Mr. Schmalz re-created all 100 cantos of the epic poem The Divine Comedy into individual sculptures.
Two of these sculptures -- Dante’s vision of the Annunciation described in Purgatory and his vision of the Crucifixion found in Paradise -- have been reimagined as components in The Dante Rosary by the Ghirelli Design Studio.
The Dante Rosary features:
• Highly detailed replicas of Mr. Schmalz's two masterworks in miniature and finished in antique silver
• A unique style of beads representing the imagined vision one might have of both Purgatory and Paradise
• 8mm genuine hematite beads in a satin/matte finish, in grey color, with accent beads of Bohemian glass positioned on either side of the Our Father beads
• 8mm Bohemian glass “Ave” beads offering a swirl effect of gray and white colors, which represent the dark and foggy atmosphere of Purgatory
• Four genuine agate beads in the Our Father position, in black color, which reminds the faithful of the cold and gloomy atmosphere of the Inferno
• Finally, reminding the faithful in Purgatory that their destination is ultimately Paradise, one finds a single Cathedral-style faceted bead in brilliant blue translucent color
FREE SHIPPING FOR ALL ORDERS STARTING FROM 100€
See our Shipping cost and Delivery times Table.
: we ship by Express courier in Italy, Europe and the Rest of world.
We do not ship to the USA, Canada and South America.
Read our FAQs
for more information on shipping methods, costs and delivery times.